Young Chef Jets Off To Milan To Show The World What South Africa Is Made Of
THE COUNTDOWN HAS BEGUN: LESS THAN 10 DAYS TO GO TO THE S.PELLEGRINO YOUNG CHEF 2015 GRAND FINALE
17 JUNE 2015, CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA
17 of June – Time is running out. On the 26th of June, Milan, the city that is hosting the world with Expo 2015, will embrace twenty young chefs coming from all over the planet to show their talent and creativity and to achieve the S.Pellegrino Young Chef 2015 award.
To win the much coveted prize, they will submit their signature dishes to an extraordinary jury of seven famous international chefs, “seven sages” like Gastón Acurio, Yannick Alléno, Massimo Bottura, Margot Janse, Yoshihiro Narisawa, Joan Roca and Grant Achatz. Just one winner will be selected by the unquestionable authority of this great panel of culinary artist.
The Grand Finale event will be full of surprises. Thanks to the partnership with Vogue Italia, S.Pellegrino’s ally in its unabated commitment to scouting and promoting talent, some other important prizes will be awarded.
Vogue Italia matched each young chef with an emerging designer, selected through an international scouting. These designers ideated a fashion creation inspired by their partner’s signature dish, thus giving birth to an unprecedented fusion between fine food and style.
During the Grand Finale, two prizes for the the Best Chef-Designer couple will be awarded. One will be selected thanks to the votes of all the guests attending the event, a parterre made of vips, influencers, chefs, and international journalists. The other will be assigned via Vogue.it, the online edition of the highly renowned and influential magazine, where all the Chef and Designer creations have been published, enabling food and fashion lovers from around the world to vote their favourite.
Last but not least, the best talented designers will also receive an award assigned by Vogue Italia as Best Designer. This will be determined by a jury led by Franca Sozzani, Editor-in-Chief of Vogue Italia, Editorial Director of Condé Nast Italia. Global Ambassador against Hunger ( WFP), and composed by Massimiliano Giorgetti, Ennio Capasa, Alberta Ferretti, Sara Maino, Marlene Taschen, Giò Marconi.
Finedininglovers.com, the online magazine for food enthusiasts proudly endorsed by S.Pellegrino and Acqua Panna, will continue to provide foodies exclusive contents and constant updates about the project, with interviews,
signature dishes and other information concerning the young chefs, the fashion designers and the Grand Finale in Milan.
Here are the names of the chefs, the restaurants they work for, the regional areas from which they were selected and their fellow designers. The twenty couples of chef-designer can be also found on Finedininglovers.com, where all their names will be unveiled before the final event with special interviews.
- ITALY, Paolo Griffa - Piccolo Lago, Verbania Designer: Vivetta
- FRANCE, Paul Feybesse - Pavillon Ledoyen, Paris Designer: Maison Père Camille Omerin
- GERMANY-AUSTRIA, Tobias Wussler - Landhaus Bacher, Mautern an der Donau, Austria Designer: Arthur Arbesser
- SWITZERLAND, Martin Elschner – Sonnenburg, Zurich Designer: Portenier Roth
- SPAIN-PORTUGAL, David Andrés Morera – ABaC, Barcelona, Spain Designer: Moises Nieto
- UK-IRELAND, Mark Moriarty - The Culinary Counter, Dublin, Ireland Designer: Kirsty Ward
- RUSSIA/BALTICS/CIS (EX SOVIET UNION), Eldar Muradov - Mansarda, St.Petersburg, Russia Designer: Anton
- SCANDINAVIA(NORWAY/SWEDEN/FINLAND/DENMARK), Christian André Pettersen – Spiseriet, Stavanger, Norway
Designer: Altewai Saome
- EAST EUROPE, Stefan Barca, Belgrade, Serbia Designer: Dora Abodi
- BENELUX, Alex Joseph - Rouge Tomate in Brussels, Belgium Designer: Hellen Van Rees
- MED COUNTRIES, Alexandros Tsiotinis - Calypso Restaurant, Elounda, Greece Designer: Daizy Shely
- USA, Vinson Petrillo - Zero George Street Hotel and Restaurant, Charleston, South Carolina Designer: A Morir
- CANADA, Paul Moran - CMH-K2 Lodge, Nakusp Designer CG Chris Gelinas
- AFRICA-MIDDLE EAST - Angelo Scirocco, Chefs Warehouse and Canteen, Cape Town, South Africa Designer: Ashi
- LATIN AMERICA – CARIBBEAN – Maria José Jordan, Amaz, Lima, Perù Designer: Paula Cademartori
- PACIFIC (AUSTRALIA/NZ/PACIFIC ISLANDS) Peter Gunn - Attica, Melbourne, Australia Designer: Christopher Esber
- CHINA, Zhu Wenyuan - Lady Bund, Shanghai Designer: Xiao Li
- JAPAN - Ryoma Shida - ESqUISSE, Tokyo Designer: Yasutoshi Ezumi
- NORTHERN - EAST ASIA, Jinyong Park - Chef de Partie from Zero Complex, Seoul, South Korea Designer: Miuniku
- SOUTHERN - EAST ASIA, Kirk Westaway - JAAN restaurant, Singapore Designer: Ken Samudio
Follow the hashtag #SPYoungChef if you do not want to miss any update about the event and the Grand Finale in Milan.
Kerri-lee TaylorAccount Manager